The City and Borough of Sitka is reminding all Sitkans of the IMPORTANCE OF COMPLYING with the State of Alaska Health Mandate issued regarding returning travels.
To prevent or slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), the State of Alaska issued a health mandate Tuesday ordering travelers entering or returning to Alaska to take certain actions depending on their level of risk. http://bit.ly/2ITE72p
Higher Risk: If you have traveled from an area with widespread, ongoing community spread such as Europe, China, and other countries (i.e., a CDC Level 3 Travel Health Notice Area http://bit.ly/3a1O3mj) and are entering Alaska within the past 14 days you must:
• Stay home and avoid contact with other household members.
• Contact your employer and do not go to work or school for this 14-day period after you return.
• CDC Level 3 Travel Health Notice Area:
China, Iran, South Korea, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland.
Medium Risk: If you have traveled anywhere outside of Alaska, (including the rest of the United States) within the past 14 days you must:
• Keep your distance from others (about six feet or two meters)
• This may mean not going to work or school if you cannot safely be distanced from others – especially if you traveled in a location where community transmission is occurring – contact your employer.
• You must avoid crowded places (such as shopping centers and movie theaters) and limit your activities in public.
Health Guidance for Returning Travelers in the Higher and Medium Risk Groups
1. Take your temperature with a thermometer two times a day and monitor for fever. Also watch for cough or trouble breathing.
2. If you get sick with fever (>100.3°F), cough, or shortness of breath, please call your health care provider.
3. Do not take mass transportation during the time you are practicing social distancing.
4. Avoid crowded places (such as shopping centers and movie theaters) and limit your activities in public.
5. Keep your distance from others (about 6 feet or 2 meters).
If you seek medical care for other reasons, such as dialysis, call ahead to your doctor and tell them about your recent travel.
6. All Alaskans should follow previous guidance including regular hand washing, cleaning surfaces, and avoiding large gatherings (March 13 COVID-19 Health Alert: Recommendations for Keeping Communities Safe).
Visit the City and Borough of Sitka’s COVID-19 Information page for current information, links, and resources to help keep Sitka safe and healthy. https://cityofsitka.org/