PLEASE TAKE NOTICE, because of the COVID-19 pandemic and
pursuant to the emergency ordinance of the Assembly Emergency Ordinance No. 2020-14:
All PEOPLE arriving in Sitka, whether by vessel or aircraft, are REQUIRED to: SELF-QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS and monitor for illness.
- MUST stay at home or place of self-quarantine for 14-days upon arrival
- MUST, if a seasonal worker or visitor, not work at your workplace until you complete the 14-day self-quarantine and are approved to work by the Municipal Administrator or designee Contact PIO Sara Peterson at email@example.com or 747-1899
- MUST, if a seasonal worker or visitor, follow State health mandate rules for social distancing https://covid19.alaska.gov/health-mandates/ while in 14-day self-quarantine and, in addition, not permit any other individuals in your place of self-quarantine
- MUST, if a resident, only work at your home, not your workplace, during the 14-day self-quarantine
- [EXCEPTION], may work upon arrival if a critical healthcare worker, if requested to and approved by the Municipal Administrator (see contact info above)
All BUSINESSES, which are required to submit a COVID-19 protection plan to the State pursuant to https://covid19.alaska.gov/health-mandates/, are now also required to SUBMIT A PROTECTION PLAN TO THE CITY. The plan must be submitted to the Municipal Administrator by April 24, 2020 at
COVID-19.Action_Plans@cityofsitka.org (unless extended for good cause).
Note, certain elements, which are itemized in the emergency ordinance, must be specifically addressed in the plan.
ENFORCEMENT: Please voluntarily comply with this emergency ordinance for the protection of all of us. If you violate this emergency ordinance, you could be enjoined in civil court or fined and penalized in accordance with criminal laws and the State Health Mandates. Thank you.