May 8, 2020 ANCHORAGE — The Alaska Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) today announced three new cases of COVID-19 in Anchorage. This brings the total case count to 377.
These cases reflect data from 12:00 a.m. until 11:59 p.m. on May 7 that posted at noon today on the Alaska Coronavirus Response Hub.
Of the new cases, all three are female. One is aged 20-29; one is aged 60-69 and one is aged 70-79. There have been a total of 38 hospitalizations and 10 deaths with no new hospitalizations or deaths reported yesterday. Recovered cases now total 305, including 14 new recovered cases recorded yesterday. A total of 25,473 tests have been conducted.
Please note that changes will be coming to the data dashboard, the Alaska Coronavirus Response Hub, early next week. The average visitor to the site may not notice any outward differences but the level of detail available through the raw data downloads is being reduced to address health information privacy requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Alaska state law. Due to these privacy concerns and under the guidance of the Attorney General’s Office, the following changes will occur:
- The raw public cases data file, “COVID Cases Public,” will no longer be available. However, most of the data will still be available in table format. Each set of graphics on the data hub will have its own summary table.
- The summary tables for each graphic will still include application programming interface (API) linkages and downloads. This is the data that other entities need to make their own dashboards locally.
Questions about COVID-19?
- For general questions and assistance, please call 2-1-1.
- For the general public, questions regarding DHSS COVID response, including mandates and alerts, can be sent to email@example.com.
- Data questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For DHSS media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.