Phase 3 and 4 of the State of Alaska’s Reopen Alaska Responsibly Plan goes into effect Friday, May 22. Detailed health guidance for Phase 3 and 4 will be released later on May 21, 2020. General guidance is available at: https://covid19.alaska.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/05192020-Alaskas-Plan-Forward-Final.pdf
Alaska has done an excellent job of managing COVID-19. We responded quickly to an unknown threat to keep our cases low and to ensure our healthcare systems have the increased capacity to deal with COVID-19 cases in the future. The base actions that led to our success will continue to be our playbook for the future:
- Stay six feet or more away from non-family members.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Wipe down surfaces frequently.
- Wear a face covering when in a public setting in close contact with others.
- Stay home if you are sick and get tested for COVID-19 if you have symptoms.
- Be mindful and respectful to those Alaskans that are most vulnerable to this virus. Those being our seniors and those with existing health issues.