On November 10, 2020 the City and Borough of Sitka Assembly approved Resolution 2020-30 encouraging people in the City and Borough of Sitka to continue COVID-19 prevention efforts for keeping Sitka Schools open.
The following is strongly encouraged:
1. All persons traveling to and from Sitka utilize the COVID-19 testing available at the Sitka Airport, whether traveling out of the State of Alaska or within the State of Alaska.
2. All persons returning to Sitka after traveling (both in state and out of state) quarantine upon return to Sitka until the results of their first test is received.
3. All persons returning to Sitka after traveling (both in state and out of state) take a second test (7 days after the first test) and continue strict social distancing until the results of their second test is received.
4. All persons wear masks or cloth face coverings over their nose and mouth when they are indoors in public settings or communal spaces outside the home.
5. All persons avoid large gatherings, reduce interactions with non-household members, keep six feet distance from anyone not in your household, and wash hands frequently.
6. All persons that have COVID-19 symptoms isolate, contact a health care provider, and get tested as soon as possible.
7. Businesses accommodate reduced interactions through curbside or delivery services.
8. Since this is a resolution, without the effect of law, it is unenforceable. The citizens are respectfully requested to comply with this resolution. Additionally, failure to comply with this resolution does not create grounds for a person to harass another person who does not comply with this resolution.
This resolution shall remain in effect until COVID-19 is no longer declared a state or federal emergency, or until earlier terminated or extended by the Assembly. To download a signed copy of the resolution click the button below.